Safer Together website users with sharp eyes will notice we’ve moved content on the homepage to make the categorisation and access of our Initiatives more visible.
By doing this, we are making it even easier for all users to access the Initiatives we have available for all Member Companies, and to see which of these are appropriate for use in their workplace.
We categorise all our Initiatives into one of three categories:
- ‘Major Sharing’
What does each of these categories mean for practical use?
Standardisation Initiative (‘we shall’):
Specifications that have been agreed as the single, common approach to address a particular issue. It is expected that once approved by the Safety Leaders Group as an industry standard, they are a stated contractual requirement and cascaded through the contractual relationships by ALL Safer Together members. It is anticipated that 100% of Safer Together members will adopt the Specification where it is applicable to their business activities.
Major Sharing Initiative (‘we should’):
Products or Programs identified with the potential for a significant safety performance improvement if adopted across the industry. It is anticipated that an identified and relevant population should, through industry leadership, adopt the product or program where it is applicable to their business activities.
Sharing Initiative (‘we may’):
Products or Programs identified with the potential for positive safety performance improvement if adopted by a member company. Sharing products or programs are about cascading good practices across industry; they address a specific need and should have a direct benefit to a local business unit. By their nature they have an implicit benefit to the entire Industry, but this is not their objective.
- Safety Leadership Visits
- Safety Culture Toolkit
- Effective Safety Conversations
- 5 Whys
- SMART Actions
- Land Transport Incident Review Panel
- Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
- Load Safe – Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
- Water Crossing for Light Vehicles Guideline
- Loading, Unloading Exclusion Zones (LUEZ)
- Process Safety Survey
- Process Safety Awareness
- Short Services Employee Management
- Drilling & Completions Industry Incident Review
- Hand & Finger Preservation
- Process Safety Incident Review
- Process Safety Metrics
- Work Party Interaction Table
- Helping Hands
- DROPS (Common Rig Certification)
- Effective Wellsite Permit To Work
- Line of Fire
- Marine Forum & Incident Review
- Marine Safety Alerts
- Launch & Recovery of Lifeboats & Fast Rescue Craft (FRCs)
- Health Matters
- Heat Stress Awareness E-Learn
For any further information on any of Safer Together’s Initiatives, or to find out how you can get the most out of your Safer Together Membership, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org