Assist & Assure
‘Assist & Assure’ is a way of working to proactively identify and mitigate risk in work preparation and execution. Its primary objective is to avoid harm to those on the front line.Major Sharing
What is Assist & Assure?
Assist & Assure focuses on creating a safe environment for open safety conversations meant to 'Assist' employees and contractors work more safely, and it 'Assures' us both individually, and as a community in a proactive manner, that the conversations are consistent and effective leading to improvement in safety outcomes.
Safer Together offers training and support materials so that Member Companies can effectively deploy Assist & Assure in their workplace.
Frontline Awareness Training (For Organisational Leaders, HSSE Function & Operational roles/Support roles)
A 2hr Engagement Session. This training consists of 4 main elements, including how to use A&A on the frontline:
- Transition to work
- Safe Work Process -Step 7
- Effective Supervision
Supervisors Safety Leadership Training (For Operational Leaders, Champions & HSSE Function):
The focus will specifically be on the role of the front-line safety leaders / supervisors and will provide examples of how to run engaging transition to work meetings, have effective ‘Step 7’ conversations and also provide key Safety Leadership skills:
- Influence behaviours, give praise, be curious
- Human and organisational performance, learner mindset, psychological safety
- Facilitation and coaching skills
- Effective interventions
- Example of self-assure for Assist & Assure
- Assist & Assure Frontline Awareness Training Pack
- Assist & Assure Supervisors Safety Leadership Training Pack
- Assist & Assure Step 7 Card to order directly or download artwork here
- Assist & Assure Tally Book to order directly or download artwork here
- Assist & Assure Poster
- Assist and Assure Application Guideline