Safer Together held a WA/NT Industry Safety Forum on the 9th of March 2021. The forum was held as a hybrid event (face-to-face and webinar) broadcast from the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. The event was able to reach out to our industry’s remotest sites virtually, while safely provide an in-person opportunity for delegates.
It was an opportunity to reflect on 2020, reconnect with our member companies, reinforce the need to stay strong and collaborate, and reinvigorate by focusing on a new strategic safety plan for 2021-2023.
Hosted by Tom Coolican, Operations Manager – Jadestone Energy and Deborah Peach, VP Governance, Risk and Compliance - Woodside, the 90-minute session highlighted that in a challenging year for everyone, members of Safer Together have rolled up their sleeves and continued to collaborate on initiatives that help make our industry safer.
The event included:
- A case study on Frontline HSER Engagement by Phil Reid, VP HSE - Woodside and Abigail McPherson HSE Lead - Monadelphous.
- A presentation from Ralph Ellis, President Operations Services Asia-Pacific - Wood promoting a new project Contain It, a Major Accident Hazard Awareness Training experience. Contain It provides a visceral experience of really making people aware of what can happen at the workplace when hydrocarbons are released in a variety of loss of containment scenarios and will be a flagship for the Process Safety Working Group going forward.
- An interactive panel session with the virtual and in-person audiences involving 4 senior industry leaders:
- Zoran Bebic, Executive General MManager - Monadelphous;
- Gemma Macket, Director - PCM Group;
- Francis Bolzan, Operations Manager (Petroleum Australia) - BHP; and
- Neville Carrington, VP Operations - INPEX
Tom Coolican and Deborah Peach then co-hosted the Safer Together WA/NT inaugural "best and fairest" awards for outstanding Working Group members in 2020. This part of the forum had a real Golden Globes feel to it being enjoyed by recipients and delegates alike.
Access the full webinar recording here.
To find out more about the Best & Fairest awards for 2020 click here.
To find out more about The Safer Together 2021-2023 Strategic Safety Plan here.