Frontline HSER Engagement
Framework for frontline HSE Representatives Engagement.
Click above to order hard copies of the HSER Resource File
Embedding a strong collaborative culture is critical to delivering improved health, safety and environmental (HSE) performance. Cultivating HSE capability and ownership in frontline personnel is key to building this culture across industry.
In order to build a stronger HSE culture a shift from systems-focus to people-focus is required. We know that people (not processes and procedures) deliver superior HSE results.
Frontline HSERs can be important change agents. If armed with the right tools and enabled by the right culture, HSERs can be enhanced as leaders and can serve as the eyes and ears of the industry at the frontline. They can enable the exchange of ideas and concerns about HSE matters and be empowered to drive on-the-ground innovative solutions.
Develop an industry-wide formalised on-boarding and support program to establish a best practice benchmark for HSER roles and responsibilities, build capability, and establish clear channels of communication connecting HSERs to promote proactive sharing of learnings, lessons and best practices across the industry.
This program will support and leverage the entire industry network of passionate and engaged frontline personnel who are trusted and respected by their workgroups. It will create an engaged, integrated, capable and empowered HSER network as a force multiplier for improved HSE performance.
The Working Group has developed a HSE Representative Resource File which includes an overview of all resources and tools available to HSERs to effectively perform their role. This file is available to be downloaded by members at the links below. It comprises:
- HSE Representative Network Handbook: supports HSERs by detailing information that is relevant to their roles
- HSE Representative Welcome Booklet: introduces newly elected HSERs to their role
- HSE Representative Framework: details the resources available to HSE Representatives
- HSE Representative Process Flow Map
- Other materials: Collateral for ‘do it yourself’ file compilation
Members can click here to purchase hard copy versions of the file.
- HSER email distribution list
- HSER communications (newsletter/bulletins/notifications)
- HSER Annual Forums