On 17 August, the Safer Together Process Safety Working Group (PSWG) QLD hosted a Process Safety Incident Review (PSIR).
With an impressive turn-out at the event in Brisbane of more than 65 delegates (from 23 Member Companies), Atul Chopde (Operations Director Wood and PSWG Co- Champion) opened the PSIR.
The audience then heard presentations from Origin Energy, the PSWG Metrics Project Team, SLB, Santos, Central Petroleum, and the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) Safety Centre.
In-depth incident shares about high value learning events included presentations on:
- loss of primary containment from a gas compressor small tube fitting
- low pressure burst hose on a fracking spread; and
- loss of containment due to a compressor seal failure.
- Laurence Ledrut (Origin Energy & PSWG member) delivered a presentation on the work of the PSWG Metrics project team in using lead and lag metrics to identify process safety “bad actors”,
- Kim Pullon (Santos & PSWG member) shared a presentation entitled “The Perils of Process Pressure” showcasing a video produced by Santos related to stored energy, and
- Trish Kerin (Director, IChemE Safety Centre) shared a presentation entitled “The Platypus Philosophy” focussing on the importance of weak signals and understanding the ways in which we look to dismiss or downplay these.
Alan Sim (Safer Together) formally closed the PSIR by thanking all the presenters and the morning tea sponsor, ConocoPhillips.
Members can access the full slide pack of the event here.
If you would like your company to receive invitations to future Process Safety Incident Review events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to forward the names and contact details of your nominated invitees.