The Qld Rig Site Safety Working Group are delighted to announce the launch of their flagship project, Assist and Assure. It is now available to all member companies.
Shell Wells developed Assist and Assure and used it to deliver a significant improvement in their safety performance. They gifted the program to industry via Safer Together. Early adopters, including Arrow Energy, Wild Desert and Easternwell have contributed significantly to the Safer Together project.
Blair Hart – Wild Desert HSE Manager & Assist and Assure Project Lead
officially launches the project at 4th March DCIIRP
At its heart Assist and Assure is a leadership skills program that focuses on engaging the workforce through 3 strategies:
- Transition to Work;
- Safe Work Process (Step 7);
- Effective Supervision (before, during, after).
A full suite of tools to support implementation have been developed and can be downloaded from the links below:
- an Assist and Assure Program Manual to provide guidance and instruction to those assigned to implement, deliver and manage the Assist and Assure program
- a Launch Pack to assist with the roll out and implementation of Assist and Assure program
- Assist and Assure training pack and a supporting Facilitator's Guide
- a Step 7 Safe Work Process Card and Pre Job Safety Meeting Card
- Assist and Assure Tally Book: cover and insert booklet
- stickers, a poster and a brochure to promote Assist and Assure
The project team are happy to provide train the trainer sessions upon demand. If members are interested please contact: [email protected].