Assist and Assure
Make Assist and Assure available for use across the entire Queensland Drilling and Completions sector.
Assist and Assure is a leadership skills program that focuses on engaging the workforce through 3 strategies: 1. Transition to Work; 2. Safe Work Process (Step 7); 3. Effective Supervision (before, during, after).
The Queensland Drilling and Completions sector continues to have a TRIFR of approximately 5.2.
Some companies in the Queensland Drilling and Completions industry are already using Assist and Assure. Since launching the Program, these companies are reporting that the Program has been effective in improving safety outcomes. Some have seen a step change TRIFR reduction.
Make Assist and Assure available for use across the entire Queensland Drilling and Completions sector. Experience indicates that organisations will choose to adopt the Program because it works:
- It uses a common language and process for how we do pre-job planning and Transition To Work (no additional paperwork)
- It is 70% Assist, 30% Assure
- It creates consistency from the office to the field
Some companies are considering rolling out Assist and Assure across their entire operation. The roll-out of Assist and Assure across the Drilling and Completions sector could be viewed as a pilot for Industry-wide adoption.
The companies that have already commenced roll-out of Assist and Assure will continue with this implementation. When the Industry ‘catches up’, these Operators and Contractors will be encouraged to adopt the Assist and Assure materials developed by Safer Together to promote consistency across the industry.
The Full Suite of Assist and Assure products is now available!
The Working Group has developed:
- an Assist and Assure Program Manual to provide guidance and instruction to those assigned to implement, deliver and manage the Assist and Assure program.
- a Launch Pack to assist with the roll out and implementation of Assist and Assure program.
- Assist and Assure training pack and a Facilitator's Guide to support it.
- a Step 7 Safe Work Process Card and Pre Job Safety Meeting Card.
- Assist and Assure Tally Book: cover and insert booklet.
- stickers, a poster and a brochure to promote Assist and Assure.
- Train the Trainer sessions will be made available by the project team upon demand
- An Engage and Embed Assessment will be conducted to assess implementation to feed continual improvement of the program.