Following the successful launch of the Assist and Assure Program earlier this year, the Rig Site Safety Working Group has conducted the first Train the Trainer session for Safer Together members who were interested in implementing the Program within their organisations.
The highly interactive session was delivered via videoconference. It was facilitated by Blair Hart from Wild Desert. Participants learnt about the Program and how to engage the workforce through 3 strategies: transition to work; safe work process (Step 7) and effective supervision.
In 2021 there are plans for more Train the Trainer sessions and a User Best Practice Workshop.
A full suite of tools to support implementation have been developed and are all downloadable from the links below:
- an Assist and Assure Program Manual to provide guidance and instruction to those assigned to implement, deliver and manage the Assist and Assure program.
- a Launch Pack to assist with the roll out and implementation of Assist and Assure program.
- Assist and Assure training pack and a Facilitator's Guide to support it.
- a Step 7 Safe Work Process Card and Pre Job Safety Meeting Card.
- Assist and Assure Tally Book: cover and insert booklet.
- stickers, a poster and a brochure to promote Assist and Assure.
The Assist & Assure Project Team are happy to provide further Train the Trainer sessions upon demand. If members are interested please contact: [email protected]