Safer Together is working closely with APPEA to support the Australian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry’s response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We will be guided by APPEA COVID-19 Industry Protocol Framework - Onshore and Offshore. APPEA and Safer Together will reinforce and work concurrently with government public health arrangements.
Our Industry’s COVID-19 response objectives are clear:
- Keep the oil and gas industry workforce safe and healthy
- Ensure that the oil and gas industry does not adversely impact the health of the regions and the communities it operates in and does not undermine public health efforts
- Maintain operations, business continuity and product
1. The Onshore and Offshore Protocols have been developed by the Australian oil and gas industry to inform Governments of industry protocols in place to protect workers and the community. They are intended to reinforce and operate concurrently with the public health arrangements as they are put in place by Australian state Governments to manage and address the impacts of COVID-19 including restrictions on borders or movement.
2. The COVID–19 Wellbeing Framework has been developed by the Australian oil and gas industry in recognition of the changes and challenges for the upstream oil and gas industry workforce and their families during the COVID-19 emergency. It provides a best practice guide for industry to protect the wellbeing of its workforce and their families.
3. The information shared within this site originates from various sources within Australia and internationally. Therefore users should consult local directives in their response to COVID-19.
This webpage exists to assist organisations involved in the Australian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry who wish to:
access information about COVID-19
find out how others are responding
assist other organisations by sharing information about all, or parts of, their own COVID-19 response plans and materials
Got something to share? Click here.
Our primary response is to facilitate sharing among organisations working in the Australian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry (i.e. Safer Together members and non-members alike). We will:
- Simplify – by guiding organisations to the right information (via this webpage)
- Standardise – by identifying / highlighting best practice response exemplars
- Share – by providing a platform for sharing material (Sharing Library) and by informing organisations about new information (in a manner that does not add to the 'noise’)
Safer Together will also act as a delivery partner to help organisations working in the Industry to respond to COVID-19. We will:
- Assist organisations to find solutions that may already have been built by others (e.g. other organisations in the industry; Industry Associations – local and international; Government)
- Invite organisations to identify how Safer Together might assist their COVID-19 response
- Develop (or otherwise provide) tools, products, and advice as necessary to assist
Click here to let us know how we can help.
For more information on coronavirus
please contact [email protected]