Light Vehicle Specification
Specifications for light vehicles operating in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production Industry
Project / Initiative
Light Vehicle Specification – develop and roll out a clear and simple direction on light vehicle requirements.
Our industry accepts that one of its highest risks is presented by operating light vehicles in urban and rural/remote locations. The lack of a clear, simple and consistent direction on the expected specifications for light vehicles in the industry has limited effective management of this risk.
Develop and roll out a single source relating to agreed light vehicle specifications, systems and protocols for use. Provide supporting information to explain light vehicle requirements and assist in implementing them at work sites throughout Queensland.
The Working Group has developed a Light Vehicle Specification to provide clear and simple direction to the industry on the expected light vehicle requirements. It also provides early notification of the need for all industry light vehicles to meet the 5-star ANCAP rating by the 1st Jan 2018.
The Specification applies to all vehicles operated by companies and contractors working in both urban and rural/remote areas with a gross vehicle mass of less than 4.5t.
- Implementation guide: an overview of the roll-out steps and activities
- Presentation: a toolbox presentation about the Standard
- Checklist: a handy tool for industry to use to monitor the implementation of the Standard
- Poster: to raise awareness about the changes and reinforce the messages
- New Standard Alert: A "Heads-up" for contractors providing key messages and where to go to find out more
Refer to FAQs for frequently asked questions and answers.
- Monitor implementation and compliance.
- Provide compliance advice and support.
In September 2016, the Working Group conducted a survey to review member policies and controls related to the safe use of communication devices and other screen activated devices in moving vehicles. The Group is now working to develop requirements for the use of these devices and will embed these requirements in the Light Vehicle Specification when they have been agreed by Industry.