The organisation is the company wanting to adopt and implement the medical assessment guideline.
There are six steps to effective implementation in an organisation:
- Access and Identify the workers or workgroups in your Company that the Fitness to Work medical will apply to
- Review HR, IR and other contractual documents to ensure that a Fitness to Work medical regime can be implemented. In particular check: a) employment contracts: new and existing; b) contract terms & conditions; c) procedures
- Identify how the Fitness to Work medicals will be undertaken and what health practitioners will be used
- Develop procedures needed to handle information and records generated, and how to deal with instances of workers not fully fit or refusing to participate
- Communicate with management, workers, contractors, and Health Practitioners
- Monitor the implementation of the program
View the video here.